Growing Lemongrass

I've been looking to add lemongrass to our little herb garden for some time now. A few weeks ago, we managed to find some lemongrass stalks sold at the grocer and we bought a few stalks to make lemongrass drink at home. 

I decided to try and see if I could plant the remaining stalks. To my surprise, it was really easy to start growing lemongrass! 

Here's how the lemongrass stalks looked like on the first day
Day 1
I cleaned the lemongrass stalks and soaked them in a jar with water enough to cover approximately 3 inches of the stalks... and placed the jar by a sunny window
Week 1
Look at the roots that have started growing in just 1 week! I didn't think it will be so easy and fast. All I had to do was change the water in the jar every alternate days.
Week 2
And here in the picture above, you'll see how long the roots have grown in 2 weeks! All the other herbs I've grown thus far, were from seeds. So yes, I was really happy to see the roots actually develop and continue to grow. 

That weekend, I transferred the 3 stalks of lemongrass into one of our planter box... and they now continue to grow! :) 
 

Popular posts from this blog

Bread Pudding

Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Soup (Tang Yuan)

Raspberry Cheesecake (no-bake dessert)

Asian Fusion: Spicy Potato Dip (Aloo Masala)

Moist Chocolate Cake

Asian Fusion: Kung Pao Chicken

Sexy Shrimp Linguine

Rollie Pollie Oaty - No Bake Chewy Oatmeal Balls

Asian Fusion - Braised Mushrooms and Water Chestnuts with Broccoli